PDA

View Full Version : Totum Rally

Chopstick
11-23-2009, 02:15 PM
got called out to be sweep truck for a navigational rally from cache creek to williams lake, all fsr roads of course. i didn't get many pics but it was the best rally i've been to in awhile

took the big jeep, got to pull out a volvo out of the ditch, couldnt take pics of the toyota that went into a 20ft ditch (airbag was deployed) . owner said "No" ! A control or check point crew when off a 50ft cliff no one was hurt but the car was a right off.

someone was in an impala (junk) he came down an around the icy corner too fast an hit a tree, an about 10kms down there was an old car (forgot the name) in the ditch. got him out no problems but he pushed his whole front end into his body

the only pic i did get was this vw, he rolled and the kind of road they were bombing on
the first day
my baby
smashed front an some oil loss
luckily he had a roll cage, his g/f thought it was fun

second day near the end

looks like i missed a good day at the toy run, i hope you all had fun. an i hope tuna is ok with that little incident he had

mus-Tard
11-23-2009, 02:18 PM
some real nice pictures aaron

Honky
11-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Looks like one of your guys was drifting around a corner on the road to stave lake and had a head on with Tuna

Honky
11-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Just kidding…but how do you guys set up for that rally? How do you know when there is traffic coming the other direction. I know that road and there are a number of connecting roads that join up to the road you were on.

Is this a sanctioned event or just of weekend warriors?

vajayjay
11-23-2009, 02:45 PM
I'd say looks like a fun event but there aren't enough pics to let me make a judgement

J/k :)

Chopstick
11-23-2009, 02:49 PM
Just kidding…but how do you guys set up for that rally? How do you know when there is traffic coming the other direction. I know that road and there are a number of connecting roads that join up to the road you were on.

Is this a sanctioned event or just of weekend warriors?

i should have said more to the event, its a sanctioned event but they do 10% under the speed limit so its all legal, plus most of the cars are in radio contact of eachother an they radio cars (which helped for me too) once it got dark an icy out then the carnage started to happen. everyone that stopped an made sure the vw was fine were all looking at the corner where he rolled an couldn't figure it out... then we asked if he was speeding :confused0006:

Happypants
11-23-2009, 03:39 PM
cool pics aaron, we need to go back up to ashcroft again in jan and go iceracing again! i gots a little car i wanna race lol, or my jeep hahah

BrokenToy
11-23-2009, 06:50 PM
giggity, need more rally in bc