PDA

View Full Version : hardcore parking lot wrenching lol

WagoneerXJ
11-22-2009, 12:06 PM
so a few months back my gf's best friend decided she wanted a jeep of her own. She was working up neer Vanderhoof at the time and ended up with an 89 XJ limited, 3" and 31's and a warn winch on it.

It's been fairly reliable for her, until the other day lol. I get a call saying that it won't start. Luckily it was in the parking lot behind my store (Lordco) I go and check it out. Fuel pump turns on, but sounds VERY weak. Almost no pressure at the rail. Time for a fuel pump! :confused0006:

So I slave away for a couple hrs and get this thing changed, on my back, in a wet/snowy parking lot. It the first pump I'd ever done in an XJ so it took me longer than most. Turn the key and hear a nice strong hum, fire it up and runs fine with no leaks. Shut it off to clean up. She goes to leave and it just spins over without firing at all. Try a couple more times and it just turns over. Check a few things out and it's got no spark. :mad:

I made an educated guess and went and took the CPS outta my 88 Comanche parts truck, and bolt it into this XJ. Fires up with no other bloody problems. Let me tell you, pullin the CPS out of a 2wd 5spd commanche is MUCH easier that doin the same job on a 4x4 automatic XJ. So much more stuff in the way on the XJ! go fuck yourself

At least I got a free coffee out of the deal! oh yeah

DURANGO
11-22-2009, 02:12 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmm coffe

crimsen
11-22-2009, 03:17 PM
you need better negotiation skills if all you got was a coffee for that....

WagoneerXJ
11-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Yea, I shoulda asked for more!

Trailjunkie
11-22-2009, 06:41 PM
did she serve you the coffee naked at least?

WagoneerXJ
11-22-2009, 09:09 PM
No but I shoulda asked...it was purdy cold out oh yeah

Happypants
11-22-2009, 10:09 PM
No but I shoulda asked...it was purdy cold out oh yeah

perfect for dem hard nipples :D

WagoneerXJ
11-23-2009, 10:52 AM
yea you betcha. GF wouldn't like the idea however LOL