PDA

View Full Version : lockers

Trailjunkie
11-04-2009, 05:14 PM
Aussie compared to lock right. is there a difference? if so what? which is better? :confused0006: thanks

B
11-04-2009, 05:17 PM
the dude who built the lock right redid it and called it a aussie now 26 changes and differance's ...

[cheers]

Trailjunkie
11-04-2009, 05:27 PM
sooooo so is the aussie superior.

hamberger
11-04-2009, 05:54 PM
I wouldn't say superior design because they are almost identicle to look at but definitely superior quality because of the better alloy and I heard the cut of the teeth is different.
Like B said. The original guy that designed the Lock-rite approached the company and proposed that it could be improved but might lower their profit margin in doing so. The company promptly fired him............so he took his design oversea's (Australia) to avoid patent infringements, manufactures them there then re-ships them back here and sells them personally thru his home business. Busy guy but really backs his product and will replace springs and pins the next day if you f*%ck up the instal.

Had one in a toyota 8' rear for 3 years daily driven with no probs. Its probably still going.

Have one in my toyota 7.5' also no probs. For a lunchbox its really good.

ham

Tinker
11-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Fawk it! Just weld it!:D I've got a detroit in mine.

Trailjunkie
11-04-2009, 07:45 PM
its the front diff tink....
id like to still be able to drive to the trail. rears already welded. i ordered a aussie from a guy in alberta and he sent me a lock right. im trying to decide if i should bitch and make him send what i ordered . if the aussie is better then i want what i ordered.its temperary till i get my ox locker.

Apathy
11-04-2009, 07:51 PM
the aussie is superior.

i was in an online chat with the guy who designed both a few years ago.. i can't remeber all the details, but the aussie locker fixed all the problems with the lockrite.

Little Samurai
11-04-2009, 08:17 PM
There is also something to do with the pins in the Lockrite being designed to shear or fail to prevent a full carrier breakage. The designer of both these lockers calls this a shortfall in the design and addressed it in the Aussie locker design.

nbrowser
11-04-2009, 08:20 PM
I know I'm gonna get smacked for this one but I'm considering putting an aussie into my Heeps rear axle.....been reading nothing but good about them here and on other sites and other sources.....sure it's the same basic "idea" as a Lockright, but with a shitload more refinement.

LooseNuts
11-04-2009, 11:57 PM
had an aussie in the front of my jeep. worked awesome.
havnt tried a lockright, but i really want an aussie for my toyota.
in your situation i would contact the guy. if hes going to be a dick about it, i would just use the lockright. you said your getting an ox in the future any way right?

Apathy
11-05-2009, 04:54 AM
my 2 cents.
If your going to put a lunch box locker in, put an aussie in.

DIRTDIGGLER
11-05-2009, 07:32 AM
Doug go for the Aussie call him up and get what you ordered mine seems to be working good.

Tinker
11-05-2009, 09:49 AM
its the front diff tink....
id like to still be able to drive to the trail. rears already welded. i ordered a aussie from a guy in alberta and he sent me a lock right. im trying to decide if i should bitch and make him send what i ordered . if the aussie is better then i want what i ordered.its temperary till i get my ox locker.

Locking up the front hey? Hmmmmm

Mr Vic
11-05-2009, 09:52 AM
i went with an aussie for the front diff my jeep. have had zero problems with it and it works very good. dont have expereince with the lockright but have read more stories about thsoe having issues than the aussie lockers.

if i was in your situation i would call the guy and ask to get what you ordered/paid for.

Jayota
11-08-2009, 10:44 PM
I like my lockright. If the aussie is smoother then go for it!