PDA

View Full Version : 1992 2 door jeep cherokee, worth it???

A6D9
11-01-2009, 09:34 AM
hi guys. looking for a new means of driving in the winter, and well I really trust all your guys is advice and knowledge.

it's on kijiji here is the link http://fredericton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-SUVs-trucks-vans-SUV-crossover-1992-Jeep-Cherokee-W0QQAdIdZ161182223#

i emailed him and he replied with:
"hi,
rockers need work, some wheelwell, floor is about 12" in diameter, not rusted through just soft. No MVI and I never bothered to get registered this year cause i was up in the air if i wanted to keep driving it. glass is all good. it is drivable, motor is good no leaks about 200k on it put that motor in it about 3.5 yrs ago. 4x4 is good. jeep needs work to be put back on the road. if you do the work yourself it'll cost you next to nothing..i priced it out and was going to cost me about $600 still not bad but need a lawn tractor instead of puting more money into the jeep"

I'm capable of basic welding of new metal and have a guy that will pass the mvi for me. do you all think this is a worthwhile deal? anything in particular that i should be paying attention to?? any advice in general i should look at.

biggest thing i need is winter capability and well we are expecting a by this april..so i wold guess safety is a concern as well.

i currently have 2 toyota tercels...and will be taking 1 off the rd so i can drive this in winter, and then swap the cars back on the rd in the summer mths.

any advice is allways greatly appreciated.

Happypants
11-01-2009, 09:47 AM
600 bucks isnt bad, i bought mine for 200 bucks with a blown coolant system and no drivers side floor,