View Full Version : need help

10-31-2009, 12:21 AM
so i bought 3 gauges a while back and i finally putting them in my 84 4 runner and i need to get an adapter for oil pressure and water temp i went to lordco and got the metric adapters they said i needed and was totally wrong (lordco people are so dumb) so i was just wondering if anyone had done this and needed to get the adapters for the 22re engine and could help me out.

10-31-2009, 12:58 PM
i always take the oe fitting/sensor in and match it up to what i need..

10-31-2009, 02:10 PM
i tryed that and somehow they manage to still fuck it up (i hate lordco people) im off again to find the proper fittings

yoda thrills
11-01-2009, 12:03 PM
not tryin to steal a thread but everyone that says to me "i h8 lordco they fawkin suck monkey balls" everytime i drive by there there is always a lordco basher parked in the parkin lot, parts places r parts places the ppl ur dealing with r lacking knowledge

11-08-2009, 05:17 PM
I say Shop at Napa!

11-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Lordco has parts, but it always requires you doing things twice.

I just open boxes when they give them to me to make sure they are right. I have had enough of going all the way home then having to go back to return it and get the right part.


This is the guy needed on the 3vze, perhaps the 22re uses the same thing.

11-08-2009, 11:14 PM
got oil pressure working but no the tempture they say it can only go where the thermistat housing is but i though it want were the green plug was under the intake

11-09-2009, 01:02 PM
They say to install at the housing that holds the t-stat in.

I cant remember the early year 22r(e) that came with a factory t-stat housing with a second tapped hole that you can thread your fitting into.

Or you can just drill and tap the housing.

Why couldnt you just install it inline with the rad hose?

11-09-2009, 06:13 PM
well there is plug and temp sencer on the thermestat but i though it would give an acurrate ready