PDA

View Full Version : radius arms

Bigsexy
10-28-2009, 12:52 AM
i wana make mine longer and wristed.. wat im curious about is how long can i make em..is there such thing as too long?i keep reading that everyone is doin 12'' longer then stock.. but y not 14, 16, 2ft longer?wouldnt that give u a lil more articulation runnin them as long as possible? and i guess this is a 2 part question.. the 2nd part: will using a hiem joint or somthin like that at the end of the radius arm give me anymore flex as apposed to the stock rubber/polyurathane bushings?

any helpful info is appreciated [cheers]

m j
10-28-2009, 06:17 AM
definitely use a hiem of JJ at the end
I wouldnt touch wristed with a 10foot pole
you kinda want the ends to land near a crossmember as all the forces are going to be hitting the frame where the radius arm ends

78bronco
10-28-2009, 08:28 PM
mine are almost 24" longer if not more with the stock style bushing at both ends and it flexs nice with the high lift under one corner of the axle you can see them in my build thread

Bigsexy
11-03-2009, 01:28 PM
anybody else wana chip in here [f] i wana hear some opinions on either style..

Apathy
11-03-2009, 07:06 PM
the length will be determned by where your push point is, not by how long you want to make them.

wristed works. it is not pretty, not elegent but its simple and works. Mine has been wristed for about 3. 5 years. No issues.