PDA

View Full Version : Rear springs up front

tylerc
10-24-2009, 09:19 PM
I was wondering...

I'm on about my second or third pair of stock front springs in my Samurai, and these ones are now on their way out too. I'm thinking that when i replace them, I should put rear springs in the front this time. I've heard of this before, and know that this set-up will offer more flex, but i had a couple questions about it.

Will doing this change the position of my front axle housing, relative to the rest of the truck? (ie. will it put the axle an inch or two farther forward? Or, will it result in any difference in height?)

How will rear springs fit in the front? (I'm running Breeze revolver shackles if it makes a difference)

Would stock rear springs hold up better than stock front springs?

Does anyone have a set of rear springs that they would sell to me?

Thanks[cheers]

SuzukiSamurai
10-29-2009, 01:36 PM
talk to sue at breeze about this, they sold me 2 of the second leafs in the front pack, you cut them and add them into the pack as the 3rd leaf, and that should solve the problem, how far are yours past flat?

tylerc
10-29-2009, 02:12 PM
talk to sue at breeze about this, they sold me 2 of the second leafs in the front pack, you cut them and add them into the pack as the 3rd leaf, and that should solve the problem, how far are yours past flat?

Randy suggested that to me a while ago (the first time i shot the front springs). I did it, and it did helped, but the problem isn't that the springs are sagging (they're still sitting flat).

When it first happened, both the front packs where S shaped. After I replaced them, I started kinking one leaf at a time (Usually it's the top one).

I think my problem is axle wrap, but is this common in the front? I have a track bar in the rear, so i don't get it there.

I picked up a couple extra top leafs last night, replaced the kinked one, and now have one as a spare. I think I'll run these until I have to buy more, and I might just go with YJs at that time...

Thanks for the responce[cheers]

SuzukiSamurai
10-30-2009, 08:37 AM
im pretty sure calmini makes a heavy dudy double wrap spring, i know that the smallest springs you can get from them are 1.5" lift, and there not too expensive

tylerc
10-30-2009, 01:19 PM
im pretty sure calmini makes a heavy dudy double wrap spring, i know that the smallest springs you can get from them are 1.5" lift, and there not too expensive

I have a set of front 2.5" Calmini springs, but haven't run them. I bought them used, but then heard that they wheren't very good springs (in terms of flex and a smooth ride). Maybe I should try them next? I might just sell them... Either way, I tossed in another set of front springs the other night, so I'm good untill I kill those ones too. Who knows, they might just last:dontknow: