PDA

View Full Version : clutch

fullsizebronco
09-28-2009, 10:36 PM
so this is my buddys truck its a 95 or 96 f150 but anyway its got a302 and im guessing by the looks of it its that mazda tranny zf5? cant remeber i have checked the clutch fluid and its full is there a way to bleed the line ? its like its not pushing the clutch in all the way and sometimes when its in nutral its like the clutch is trying to engage and it sitts there and chatters but goes away when you push the clutch in but this has been an off and on problem for a couple days and the only thing i can think of would be the part on the side of the tranny that the clutch line goes to.. maybe the slave ? or whatever its called or maybe broken springs in the clutch... i have no idea

Troy
09-28-2009, 10:51 PM
should be able to bleed the line from the outside of the tranny even if its internal slave, scrape the grease and mud off and look for a bleeder screw.

if you replace the clutch master cylinder, then replace the slave as well.

could be broken fingers on the pressure plate also. the noise could be from a worn out pilot bearing, excessive input shaft play on the tranny. hard to say until you open it up

OldEnuff
09-28-2009, 11:33 PM
If it is in neutral and it feels like the clutch is trying to engage then it is the transmission front input bearing, the pilot bearing in the flywheel or more likely the clutch support bearing (throw out bearing) that is the problem

all of them can cause the clutch assy to be "off center" and cause the clutch to engage slightly even when not it gear and the clutch pedal is fully depressed

if the vehicle is actually made to move when the tranny is in neutral then I would not drive it until I had a new tranny

regulate34
09-29-2009, 06:50 AM
i am pretty sure it a internal slave
and as for bleeding it that can be a cunt and 1/2
as for the issue for the clutch trying to engage
i would bet on the throw out bearing like buckin bronco said
sounds like the spring is broken

78'460
09-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Dont know to much about the newer clutches. But that year and engine should have an M5OD

FU Toolbag
10-01-2009, 04:59 PM
It won't be a zf5. very rare to see one in a f150. If it's an internal slave cylynder, there should be a bleeder just above the hose.

Reeseman
10-03-2009, 11:26 AM
the throw out bearing is fucked it is time for a clutch.

Reeseman
10-03-2009, 11:28 AM
If it is in neutral and it feels like the clutch is trying to engage then it is the transmission front input bearing, the pilot bearing in the flywheel or more likely the clutch support bearing (throw out bearing) that is the problem

all of them can cause the clutch assy to be "off center" and cause the clutch to engage slightly even when not it gear and the clutch pedal is fully depressed

if the vehicle is actually made to move when the tranny is in neutral then I would not drive it until I had a new tranny
it is actualy called a clutch release bearing. It doesn't support anything.

fullsizebronco
10-14-2009, 10:19 PM
thanx guys i think that with the weather up here he may have to end up taking it to a shop now thats its snowing ... and to make things worse my diesel may need a throw out bearing as well now i have a loud squeeling when i push my clutch in have to stop playing in the mudd with my D.D!