PDA

View Full Version : New roof sliders for the xj guys:

bcmaxx
09-21-2009, 03:17 PM
http://www.hdoffroadengineering.com/collections/frontpage/products/xj-roof-sliders

The closest I have seen is the olympic tophat for roof protection. I'm sure a guy could whip this up pretty easily as well.
I run their shackle relocation boxes and unibody rails. Good product, fair price and perfect fit.

Happypants
09-22-2009, 06:52 AM
got a welder? looks like its just some tubing thats got mounts to the exsisting factory roof rack, you could make them yourself and better for 300 bucks,

bcmaxx
09-22-2009, 08:05 AM
got a welder? looks like its just some tubing thats got mounts to the exsisting factory roof rack, you could make them yourself and better for 300 bucks,
Kinda what I was thinking, They would probably be $300 in just shipping alone

Happypants
09-22-2009, 08:34 AM
easly, besides, do you hit your roof that much on trees and such? i have hit it once in 3 years with my xj and didnt really hit it, more less rubbed the gutter along the edge of the tree

Nutbar
09-22-2009, 08:42 AM
easly, besides, do you hit your roof that much on trees and such? i have hit it once in 3 years with my xj and didnt really hit it, more less rubbed the gutter along the edge of the tree

well then you just aren't wheelin hard enough, I smash the shit out of every part of my truck when I'm out :dontknow:

Happypants
09-22-2009, 08:43 AM
im scared to wheel...:D

bcmaxx
09-22-2009, 11:23 AM

Yes Trees get me right on the gutter. Shes got some nice battle scars. A rock or two as well.

mini
09-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Yes Trees get me right on the gutter. Shes got some nice battle scars. A rock or two as well.

you hit your roof with a rock or two, i think that is called flopping not wheeling

Nutbar
09-22-2009, 05:46 PM
you hit your roof with a rock or two, i think that is called flopping not wheeling

I've gotten rock rash on the top of my cage while still driving the trail.:dontknow:

D-Ass
09-22-2009, 07:50 PM
saw those on naxja, gay as hell mount to your factory roof rack holes last I checked not the strongest part of the roof[16]

I would at least mount to the outer edge of the roof rail with a double plate at least then you have a chance :confused0006:

vajayjay
09-22-2009, 08:25 PM
Yeah also saw those on naxja wouldn't trust them too much

And dents make jeeps sexier

My roof rack needs some better mounts build

Darin[f] :roll eyes

D-Ass
09-22-2009, 11:48 PM
Yeah also saw those on naxja wouldn't trust them too much

And dents make jeeps sexier

My roof rack needs some better mounts build

Darin[f] :roll eyes