PDA

View Full Version : Brakes?

epic3
09-19-2009, 12:15 PM
So few weeks back my brakes started acting funny my pedal would almost go to floor and only my back brakes would stop me. They would pump up and the fronts would come back so I figured I need a new master cylinder. I put in a brand new not reman master and the problem persisted I also noticed I was loosing a small amount of fluid from both the front and rear circuit since then I've replaced my rear shoes wheel cylinders all lines from the front to the back and almost all front lines and one caliper cus it was sticking. I've also bled the system out thoroughly. The only parts left that are old or original are the booster three short front lines that have been inspected and are rust/damage free rotors drums and one caliper. My pedal still almost goes to floor sometimes the rest of the time I have 1 inch of pedal travel and the best performing feeling brakes I've ever experienced on a bigger truck.
It seems to only go to the floor after backing up slowly after a start up and sometimes when moving forward slowly every other time they perform flawlessly.
Suggestions:confused:

Tinker
09-19-2009, 12:47 PM
I'm guessing booster, but I never turned a wrench on one of them farm implements

five.0L
09-19-2009, 12:49 PM
i have the same problem, but im think its my master and booster, but some times i have full brakes then next time i have nothing it right to the floor, so i dunno

nate980
09-19-2009, 12:57 PM
booster for sure

Always broke
09-19-2009, 04:46 PM
Booster or dist valve under the truck they sometimes get really sticky try (when truck off and stopped) stomp the brakes as hard as you can a few times to see if that changes anything( Used to happen all the time with my old Dodge

blower
09-19-2009, 06:37 PM
booster or check vacuum line to booster for cracks.

dickrick
09-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Ya sounds like a booster too I think I have a couple of spares. let me know I will pull them out tom

dirka dave
09-20-2009, 11:36 PM
First fill up the gas tank.

epic3
09-21-2009, 10:14 AM
well it seems it may be a small leak cus my front fluid level is down after a weekend of driving

dirka dave
09-21-2009, 11:33 AM
I would check the vacuum that supplies your booster, maybe you have a plugged intake port.

Next I would run the engine and unplug the booster line, see if the RPM changes, if it does not, then you have a booster problem.

StinkFinger
09-21-2009, 02:29 PM
also check your wheel berings i had a similar problem with a bad bering every now and then it would let the tier wobble enough that it would push the caliper pistons back and wala no breaks

dirka dave
09-21-2009, 07:00 PM
That would have to be one hell of a death wobble.