PDA

View Full Version : 92 pathy needs more

TwoScoops
09-11-2009, 01:28 PM
I have a 92 pathy on 31 x 10.5 bfg a/t she does good but it needs some more. Still want to stay with tires but want some more height/clearance how can I get it up with out major cost? how high is still safe with stock running gear? I was told 2" suspention spacing is the best/safeist way to go with out damageing shit. any input would be a big help.

Apathy
09-11-2009, 02:10 PM
3" body lift and 3" suspension lift.

fill fit 33's.

there are no other options unless you go SAS.

You can get a trail master 4" lift, but it moves everything down including the torsion bars.. No good.

also, DO NOT use ball joint spacers.
the added leverage will cause you to bend your control arms.

TwoScoops
09-12-2009, 12:30 PM
cool thanks, do i need any parts like stering extention driveshaft or anythin else. Trying to keep it low cost so I dont want any misshaps like breaklines are too short after the lift.

'Balmer
09-23-2009, 04:08 PM
I have 33's on my rig and I've got no body lift, no IFS lift kit (just indexed torsions), and only Jeep Grand Cherokee coils in the rear. I rub in the rear but the bumpstos limit that sufficently. Having said that, I trimmed/butchered my quarter panels and fenders as much as can realisically be done, plus I could use more up travel. Oh ya, and I had to pound the shit out of the front of the rockers with a sledge to stop the tires from hitting on full lock under compression. So I guess maybe a lift would be nice:D .

Foes
09-23-2009, 05:01 PM
two scoops, where are you from?

TwoScoops
09-26-2009, 05:17 PM
surrey