PDA

View Full Version : East Kootenays wheeling?

Mr.Plow
09-10-2009, 08:49 PM
Hello everybody. I just took a job in Cranbrook and packed up the whole dam family, switched provinces and took the plunge. So far most everyone is friendly however there does not seem to be alot of actual wheeling trails around here. There seems to be lots of mines/logging roads to keep a person quite busy but as far as technical wheeling trails I can't seem to find any.

Please don't tell me I moved from the prairies only to have to go back to the Crowsnest Pass to get my wheeling fix.:dontknow:

rockershocker88
09-11-2009, 10:35 PM
im in the same boat when im in cranny....... old ladies parents live there, we visit alot and aside from the frost heaved roads i can find anything:confused:...... anyhow welcome to the site [cheers] keep me posted if ya find anything. cheers.

Mr.Plow
09-12-2009, 07:43 AM
I'll keep looking, I've got another 40 years of living so I'm sure I'll find something.:D

Honky
09-12-2009, 09:00 AM
hey mr plow...welcome to fibc

crazylike
09-12-2009, 09:36 AM
either of you know where the alkalides flats are in cranbrook? if not ask some locals how to get to them you will find some good trails there.... if your at the husky by the mall on the number 3 highway in cranbrook theres a hill to the left that you can see on top of there is alkalide flats but i cannot remember name of roads to get to the trails to get up there this why i say ask a local kid and if them arn't to you liking head towards creston and theres some good wheelin there... rock gardens mud and such.... around yack there some good wheelin also.....

Mr.Plow
09-12-2009, 08:57 PM
either of you know where the alkalides flats are in cranbrook? if not ask some locals how to get to them you will find some good trails there.... if your at the husky by the mall on the number 3 highway in cranbrook theres a hill to the left that you can see on top of there is alkalide flats but i cannot remember name of roads to get to the trails to get up there this why i say ask a local kid and if them arn't to you liking head towards creston and theres some good wheelin there... rock gardens mud and such.... around yack there some good wheelin also.....

Thanks for the directions, which side of Yahk are you talking about? I've got a place to stay there when exploring.

Zibi
09-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Grab a backroad mapbook... the whole area is littered with logging roads, many of them unused and overgrown. I used to just pull off on to random forestry roads up there and see where they went. Only problem is most of them are snowed in half the year so nows the time to explore.

Trailjunkie
09-13-2009, 01:27 AM
make yer own trails man! WELCOME

Spedley
09-15-2009, 09:32 PM
Welcome... I'm a prairie boy too and will be movin to Cranbrook next year... Make sure if you do find some trails, to keep in touch with me, I'll be wantin to tag along as well as show the ones I have found along the way... There are tons of little trails that shoot off of fsr's all over the place out there. Lazy Lake is supposed to have some fun little trails in the area too, doesnt look too crazy tho.

Taxidermy
10-02-2009, 12:26 AM
welcome

chola
10-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Grab a backroad mapbook... the whole area is littered with logging roads, many of them unused and overgrown. I used to just pull off on to random forestry roads up there and see where they went. Only problem is most of them are snowed in half the year so nows the time to explore.

That's the best advice right there.....or Google Earth...

I have found some pretty darn good hunting spots thus far with both of these tools:cool:

bakelite
10-11-2009, 07:01 AM
:welcome: