PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions about shackles

fullsizebronco
08-31-2009, 10:43 PM
How much lift does the rear shackle flip in a 1995 f150 gain you my buddy is putting in his lift but I remembered that it was better to flip it rather than block the rear as it gives you a better pinion angle and was better then blocks but also wondering if I'm going to have to add at least a small block anyway

next question on a d60 front end (88 bronco) does the shackle have to be at the rear or is there any reason why it can't be at the front?

m j
09-01-2009, 05:40 AM
the shackle flip depends on how high you mount it on the frame and the hieght of the bracket you use.

leaf springs in the front sux

BuckNaked
09-02-2009, 07:31 AM
shackles on blocks both suck but yea doing the flip beats blocking it, as for the shackles in the front end ive never came across anything that would stop you from putting the shackles up front, and yea leafs in the front suck tell him to spend some money and go coils
________
Universal health warehouse (http://uhwh.com/)

fullsizebronco
09-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Why does a shackel flip suck what are the down sides to it? Like the better pinion angle...

Little Samurai
09-03-2009, 11:58 PM
Shackle in the front of the spring actually handles better on the Hwy and is overall more predictable. Shackle in the back of the spring contributes to brake dive and backwards travel of tire under compression (into the wheel well) although does have a softer ride due to better ability to absorb the bumps.

barracuda
09-04-2009, 12:00 AM
who told you this?

Little Samurai
09-06-2009, 12:02 AM
Try doing a shackle reversal kit on a samurai and you will find out how the handling changes. That is the only knowledge I have on this but I can not see how this would change with any othe vehicle.

dirka dave
09-06-2009, 12:03 AM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f328/david_corry/Smilies/hallo.gif

m j
09-06-2009, 09:39 AM
Try doing a shackle reversal kit on a samurai and you will find out how the handling changes. That is the only knowledge I have on this but I can not see how this would change with any othe vehicle.

got a link to a shackle reverse that resulted in bad handling?
most Zuki stuff I see available is pretty fugly, ie Z steering

Little Samurai
09-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Rocky Road outfitters and also a few people I have spoken with that have done them. Just my 2 cents not trying to get into anything over it.[cheers]

T.O.
09-06-2009, 06:31 PM
My shackles are behind my front axle on my Samurai and I wouldn`t have it any other way.

Just sayin`:D