PDA

View Full Version : bad day for kelowna

five.0L
08-17-2009, 11:40 AM
seen like 4 lifted truck pulled over when i was out driving, then no sooner later i was getting pulled over and now i have to get a inspection fuck you cops like go solve a murder or somthing

Chris.S.
08-17-2009, 11:55 AM
seen like, 4 lifted trucks pulled over when i was out driving, then i got pulled over. Now i have to get an inspection, fuck you cops, like, go solve a murder or something.

Made it a little more readable for ya, hope ya don't mind.

Shitty deal, sounds like they're doing a crackdown.

Everyone best make sure they've got their mudflaps on etc......

five.0L
08-17-2009, 12:18 PM
no i dont care i suck at english lol
yeah i have my mudflaps on right now and always

Chris.S.
08-17-2009, 01:46 PM
They can pretty rough in this town. I had one write me a ticket for $196.00 because my trailer hitch ball blocked the view of license plate, that was the only think she could actually nail me for after she spent a good 10-15 minutes "inspecting" my truck on the side of the road..

85chevy
08-17-2009, 03:34 PM
That is harsh they really do have nothing better to do sometimes and they don't like to be wrong.

lester
08-18-2009, 12:57 PM
why didn`t call her on her "inspection" and get a make her call a DOT guy, if she`s not licensed for it she can`t do it. if she is going take time out of your day force her to take it out of her day too by having to sit with you untill a DOT cop shows up

Chris.S.
08-18-2009, 01:27 PM
why didn`t call her on her "inspection" and get a make her call a DOT guy, if she`s not licensed for it she can`t do it. if she is going take time out of your day force her to take it out of her day too by having to sit with you untill a DOT cop shows up

She had me pulled over for flashing my headlights to warn about a speedtrap, but there was no ticket she could write for that. It wasn't an official inspection, just a pissed of cop looking for a ticket to write. She found one.

Frankly I was lucky, if she ordered a proper inspection the repairs would've cost me a lot more that that ticket.

hrd4mud
08-19-2009, 07:00 AM
I had one under my old Toyota on the radio trying to find something wrong, was brand new underneath just looked like crap on the body it was well used in the bush. After 15 min or so he gives me an inspection notice for a cracked taillight with a small piece missing from the signal light, my tires which were not at the wear indicators but he "thought" were to bald, id ripped a small piece of the body off.

I made the mistake of arguing hne had two smashed lights on the front of his car, which resulted in the ticket being changed to unsafe forf the road, and imediate removal from the highways.

He said he would be "nice" and let me drive it home.

Cops can toss cars off the road if they "feel" like it. They dont have to be a DOT, they just have to feel its unsafe.

Happypants
08-19-2009, 02:39 PM

i woulda done that in a heartbeat, lots of cops just hand out vi`s like its noones business, but next time, challenge them you will be supprised,

shitty deal about the vi but try having 8 in 2 years, which is why i own a trailer now,

kozak
08-19-2009, 05:04 PM
Wholy shit, 8 ? Were they basically harassing you ?

Happypants
08-19-2009, 06:53 PM
abby cops are fucking dickheads, used to DD my jeep and this was when it was on 33`s

FZJ80
08-19-2009, 09:53 PM
They can pretty rough in this town. I had one write me a ticket for $196.00 because my trailer hitch ball blocked the view of license plate, that was the only think she could actually nail me for after she spent a good 10-15 minutes "inspecting" my truck on the side of the road..

And what if you are towing a fuckin boat, i'm thinkin that might block the view a bit.

Chopstick
08-21-2009, 01:28 AM
back in the day when the toll booth was still on the coke.. i rolled through in my DD at 2am after work heading to merrit. the cops had all these sami's pulled over and decided to pull me over too

the guy took my drivers liceneced and i asked him what he was nailing me on and he said my licenece plate light wasn't working but it was just a little dirty. i wiped it off an said "see"

"to bad, your alittle to late.. heres your ticket"

cops = legalized gang

Mrs_Deathtrap
08-21-2009, 08:19 AM
I would gladly have a cop look over a vehicle than the DOT. The cops don't know everything that they could charge you on, or make it so your truck is off the road. Our friend works for the City of Pen. and he does inspections all the time. The stupidest things can fail you, for example, having any metal on your pedals showing. Having the slightest fray in a seatbelt, for lifted trucks, BC has that fun rule about where your lights have to be. There was more little tiny things that could fail you but I can't remember right now.

We got pulled over in Edmonton by the MP's and tried to give us a ticket for a burnt out licese plate light and Kyle argued that it was much much cheaper to go buy a new bulb than the ticket, and he let us off. Surprising too since MP's are brutal at handing out tickets and pulling you over.

bond
08-22-2009, 09:00 AM
I am pretty lucky here in Quesnel, never had anyone pull me over because of my rig (knock on metal) but i was never one to go down without a fight.
Being a technician and always looking for neat stuff I am looking at a set of micro camera's with audio to mount on my roll bars facing the rear, front and sides of my jeep. this way I have proof, in court showing how much harrasment they can give out just because they wear a uniform.

Reeseman
08-22-2009, 03:18 PM
no i dont care i suck at english lol
yeah i have my mudflaps on right now and always
Make them removable That is still legal. Then you can take them off when you get to the trail.

five.0L
08-22-2009, 07:00 PM
yeah, the cop i got he was a dick. but nice he gave me a month to get it inspected, but my light are up 53 inches and i belive it has to be around 39 inches, but oh well ill just haul my truck everywhere from now just gotta find a trailer

five.0L
08-24-2009, 09:51 AM
8 in one year once you get it inspected ur get a sticker and once they see the sticker the cop cant do shit for a 1 year

Happypants
08-24-2009, 10:30 AM
8 in one year once you get it inspected ur get a sticker and once they see the sticker the cop cant do shit for a 1 year

BULLLLLSHHHHIITTTTT! there could be a cop sitting outside of the shop that you just had the vi done at and could give you another vi, the sticker shows that you have had it inspected and when, dosent mean that the cops cant do shit

five.0L
08-24-2009, 10:36 AM
well thats wat the cop told me so im going with what he said
he said to me when he came up to my truck where your vi sticker i said i dont have one but heres the inspection sheet. and it was like 1 monthout of date too hes like thats no good u have to have the sticker and i said well i dont have one, so he gave me vi ticket and when he was about to go he said that if you have the sticker no cop or dot can do anything for 1 year of the date of the vi

Toyquad
08-24-2009, 11:47 AM
then the cop doesnt know what he's talking about. you can get a VI the second you drive out of the shop you just got a VI at . Not likely, but it can happen.

five.0L
08-24-2009, 12:06 PM
oh okay what ever im probley nto even goign to get my truck vi just gonna haul it around and make it bigger for winter time

Happypants
08-24-2009, 12:51 PM
yea the sticker kit you have to pay for from the shop becuase anyone can just fill out the inspecion sheet and say they had it vi`d,

if your gonna make it bigger for the winter and just haul it around still get it vi`d cuz if you get caught on fsrs with no insurance you will get a fine for that, along with driving a vehicle with a current vi on it, you will get another fine and lose your truck, what seems better 1500 dollars in fines and no truck or 800 bucks in parts? and a truck with a passed vi?

five.0L
08-24-2009, 12:56 PM
yeah true that, it will probley pass but i just ogtta get tire cause i dont have stops and my tire rubs on the clamp that keeps the leaf together and now theres a grove

Chris.S.
08-24-2009, 01:24 PM
The cop must've been talking about MVI's for commercial trucks. They have to display a sticker and get updated regularly (6months for trucks and 12 months for trailers).

An MVI is an alltogether different animal than a VI.

five.0L
08-24-2009, 10:26 PM
yeah i know that mvi are different

fullsizebronco
08-29-2009, 08:43 PM
I'm so lucky I haven't been pulled over for a v.I my trucks in great shape undearneath most stuff is brand new its just big and ugly and I just hate going through all that crap