PDA

View Full Version : Ok gots some overheating...

bcwheeler
08-11-2009, 11:33 AM
And other than " well it is a jeep "

Went camping , go tlost heated up a lot up n down hills blew hole in rad hose... Fixed it, went fine for a day or two .. left the cabin near 75 k from barrier made it to kamloops overheated again , made it to lordco , changed thermostat.. didnt fix it ,, changed clutch fan ( felt like old one was weak??? ) after clutch fan worked great made it home to langley drove a few times a week at least no issues,, than pooof strated overheating again ,, after driving about 45 minutes or so ,, once temp gets to 100 guaranteed ur pulling over to cool off .. so changed thermostat again checked for leaks , and none..
When you drive you can hear water flushing and gurgling in the dash mainly when cornering or breaking.. also if you take a banked tight turn truck dies some times ..

so, only thing left I can think of is Water pump???
Ive had it flushed and purged,, all new fluid , new rad cap , thermostat 2x's two different temp ones.. new clutch fan , new hoses ..

could it be a blocked line that the flush didnt fix?
Im stumped ,

any help woudl be greatly appreciated

Happypants
08-11-2009, 11:45 AM
i would have to say your pump is on its way out, what type of jeep? the grand (do you still have that) and is it the open or closed cooling system?

dirka dave
08-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Grab your fan and check if it rocks side to side.

That will give you a good indication of its condition.

I have seen waterpumps where the impeller is worn down to a knub.

Happypants
08-11-2009, 08:00 PM
he said he changed the clutch fan so i dont think it would be that, i wish i took a pic of my old water pump when i changed it, it had barely any fins on it, mabey 1/2" left lol,

bcwheeler
08-12-2009, 12:13 AM
yeah its a grand cherokee not my wheeler the wife has a stock limited.. I think it was the same shit on my truck though .. any way to tell if it is the pump? without taking the damend thing apart?

Chopstick
08-12-2009, 12:28 AM
grab the pulley for your water pump and see if it moves, if its tight then it might be your rad clogged with crap

every water pump that has died on my jeep usually just explodes never slowly died

dirka dave
08-12-2009, 12:43 AM
yeah its a grand cherokee not my wheeler the wife has a stock limited.. I think it was the same shit on my truck though .. any way to tell if it is the pump? without taking the damend thing apart?

You could call superman and ask him to use his x-ray vision, other than that you will have to do some exporitory surgery.

If it was my heep, I would pull the waterpump....

dirka dave
08-12-2009, 02:17 AM
Had another idea on the way home from work.

If you have a laser thermometer, you could check your rad.
There should be at least a 15-20 degree drop across ( or top to bottom) the rad.
You can also check for dead spots in the rad.
Just another suggestion if you can't get some x-ray glasses.

[cheers]

bcwheeler
08-12-2009, 10:26 AM
thanks
im gonna hav emy people put a call into superdudes people

Jeep Victim
08-16-2009, 09:01 AM
If you weren't sooooo heavy,the truck would run cooler....just sayin

bcwheeler
08-16-2009, 10:32 PM
If you weren't sooooo heavy,the truck would run cooler....just sayin
hmmmm pot calling who black ?????