View Full Version : stupid question

07-28-2009, 03:23 PM
hey guys and gals just curious if a head from a carbed 22r would be interchangable to a 22re?? will the injection manifolds and evrything bolt up? thanks for the help guys[cheers]


07-28-2009, 05:08 PM
weather a head was 22r or 22re doesnt matter, its the year of the head/ motor that make a difference

fuel injection intakes use 2 more mounting bolts then carb'd intakes, which all 85-95 heads have drilled and tap'd.

all 85-95 22r / 22re blocks and heads are the same. so yes, you can bolt a carb'd intake to a head that had fuel injection and vice versa. carb'd engines were an option up to 92 or 93.

79-84 is a little more tricky. 83 and 84 heads have the extra two holes drilled and tap'd. they are otherwise identical to 79-82 heads. It is possible to drill out and tap the needed holes and use a fuel injected intake on 79-82 heads if you wanted to.

all that said. You CANNOT put 79-84 head on a 85-95 block. the blocks and heads do not interchange between the two groups of years.

dirka dave
07-28-2009, 09:53 PM
Are't you a chevy guy now ? :dontknow:

07-29-2009, 06:29 PM
still got one toy..... will have another one in a couple years.

07-31-2009, 06:33 PM
thanks alot for the info, i kinda figured it wouldnt work, thanks again!