PDA

View Full Version : 250 i6 help

Toyquad
07-26-2009, 04:54 PM
wish i had a pic cause that would be easier then describing this....

my question is, where is the vaccum advance pot on the dist. supposed to face? Which pos. on the cap is supposed to be #1

On my truck, the vaccum advance pot faces forward, causing the vaccum line attached to be tight against the lower rad hose. this does not look right. The cap is not marked which post is supposed to be #1.

also, what years did that motor come with that had 1 barral carbs with 2 mounting bolts?

thanks.

its in a 65 chev c20... but is not original motor.

Spedley
07-26-2009, 09:37 PM
I think they came with the 1bbl carbs until the early 70's...

Have my brother getting pics of the distributor on his, and finding out where #1 is on the cap. Can let u know tomorrow.

Toyquad
07-27-2009, 12:37 AM
awesome thanks man!

Apathy
07-27-2009, 09:29 AM
trev, on these old engines, you can point it in any diretion you want.

just re-stab your distributor with #1 pointing where you want.
If you want it to point at the fire wall, point it that way, or to the right, or to the left...etc.

FINGERS
07-27-2009, 10:19 AM
exactly

Toyquad
07-27-2009, 11:47 AM
trev, on these old engines, you can point it in any diretion you want.

just re-stab your distributor with #1 pointing where you want.
If you want it to point at the fire wall, point it that way, or to the right, or to the left...etc.

I know that man, i was just wanted to know if that was correct. Not being the original motor, lots of stuff is mickeymoused. i went to kms car section, they had a couple chevy straight 6's on the shelf, and they were pointing forward to, so i guess that is normal

Apathy
07-27-2009, 11:48 AM
I know that man, i was just wanted to know if that was correct. Not being the original motor, lots of stuff is mickeymoused. i went to kms car section, they had a couple chevy straight 6's on the shelf, and they were pointing forward to, so i guess that is normal

okay... just trying to help.

Not everybody is motor savy

Toyquad
07-27-2009, 11:49 AM
okay... just trying to help.

Not everybody is motor savy

hey man i appreciate the help and advice..... didnt mean to sound like a dick[cheers]

Apathy
07-27-2009, 11:54 AM
hey man i appreciate the help and advice..... didnt mean to sound like a dick[cheers]

dick...

lol..[cheers]

Toyquad
07-27-2009, 11:58 AM
notice the throttle linkage.... or cable....

Apathy
07-27-2009, 12:23 PM
trev, bet you can get a 90 deg adaptor to re-route that.
and rotate the rad hose a bit.. should clear.

we used to used old bike brake calbes for throttle linkage.. works great and its easy.

dirka dave
07-27-2009, 12:39 PM
Ditch that crap and get MSD.

Spedley
07-28-2009, 01:41 PM
Oops, just posted a pic of my brothers distributor pointing the same way as yours in your other thread...
You can also get an HEI distributor from a newer 250, that would help in the ignition dept, other than lookin ugly as fuck.
Mechanical linkage is pretty easy for the carb too, and you can make it look nice with a bit of work, but a nicely set up cable system works good too.

Toyquad
08-03-2009, 09:32 PM
another question..... what year and application did the 250 have the intake manifold part of the head? need to order a new carb....