PDA

View Full Version : First Annual FIBC Fishing Derby

Taxidermy
07-20-2009, 04:02 PM
Here are pictures from the 1st Annual FIBC Fishing Derby. Went to Lower Kane Lake. Nice area. Met and fished with lots of friends from FIBC. Great group. Grandpa and I had a good time. Fishing was really slow. Did lots and lots and lots of fishing, but only hooked a few. lost them and caught one small fish. A winner. I won a fly fishing vest and fishing box with flies and fishing supplies. Everyone out fishing morning and night. Saw a bald eagle eating a fish. Eagle caught more fish then anyone. Winds were very high in afternoon so hard to fish. Had a great FIBC dinner on Saturday. Hamburgers and corn-on Cob. Looking forward to the next FIBC Fishing Derby. Went home on Sunday and had to take the long way around through Kamloops. Fire in West Kelowna closed the highway. Thanks to Fishhead, Curlee, Todd and everyone for planning the fishing derby.

MuddyWheeler
07-20-2009, 04:25 PM
wow, wicked pic's. looks like a great time

ROBO
07-20-2009, 05:28 PM
yup great time good seein ya again!! fishin sucked ass but the rest was a blast!! till the next time taxi!! and wicked shots too !!!!

epic3
07-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Hey wheres the pic of the winning fish

norm
07-21-2009, 07:13 AM
Looks like ya had a great time[36]

Can you go from one lk to the other thru a canal?

Taxidermy
07-21-2009, 08:10 AM
Looks like ya had a great time[36]

Can you go from one lk to the other thru a canal?

There are natural channels between Lower Kane Lake where we camped and Upper Kane Lake.

Hotlips
07-21-2009, 09:12 AM
Great pic looks like a great time was had!

UU
07-21-2009, 09:22 AM
[16] I knew I should of gone, looks like a good time

fishhead
07-22-2009, 01:10 PM
it was a great time thankyou's to everyone that made it and halped make it happen everything went great other than the lack of fish and the long way home, i am hoping to get something together for the fall and again in the spring once again thank you all for making the 1st annually fibc fishing derby a sucsess

DURANGO
07-22-2009, 01:15 PM
next time i wanna goMurdumb

Apathy
07-22-2009, 01:44 PM
it was a great time thankyou's to everyone that made it and halped make it happen everything went great other than the lack of fish and the long way home, i am hoping to get something together for the fall and again in the spring once again thank you all for making the 1st annually fibc fishing derby a sucsess

great job to you fishy and everybody else that was involved.

did everybody get skunked that day? no pics of fishies..

Big Mitch
07-22-2009, 05:48 PM
looks like fun