PDA

View Full Version : Synthetic diff fluid?

bcmaxx
07-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Changing my diff fluids , Is there any real advantage to running synthetic gear lube? other than the price? I have an aussie up front, I hear a lot of guys swiitching to synthetic when they install autolockers

Trooper
07-18-2009, 06:19 PM
If its a new rig you should be ok or new seals. Synthetic likes to go past older seals.

kootenaycat
07-19-2009, 12:19 AM
Changing my diff fluids , Is there any real advantage to running synthetic gear lube? other than the price? I have an aussie up front, I hear a lot of guys swiitching to synthetic when they install autolockers

Synthetic is the only way to go. If you don't use synthetic your jeep will not run ever again. You must buy synthetic from me and me only. I sell it for a low low low cost of only $99/litre. Remember if you don't use synthetic, your heep, umm I mean jeep will never run right again.

:D

dirka dave
07-19-2009, 10:43 AM
Synthetic fluids are fine and dandy if you like replacing seals and have lots of money to waste on oil.

I have ran almost every kind of syn/semi syn fluids and to be honest, the only thing I have to show for it is less money.

The other reason I don't run them anymore is because when you are out in the woods, how often to you come across someone with syn oil ?

just my 2c.

trencher
07-19-2009, 04:46 PM
Synthetic fluids are fine and dandy if you like replacing seals and have lots of money to waste on oil.

I have ran almost every kind of syn/semi syn fluids and to be honest, the only thing I have to show for it is less money.

The other reason I don't run them anymore is because when you are out in the woods, how often to you come across someone with syn oil ?

just my 2c.

You shouldn't have to change the seals...that's a wives tale. Syn oils are no more likely to leak than a conventional one. And they are compatible with ALL and ANY other oil

redman
07-19-2009, 05:02 PM
You shouldn't have to change the seals...that's a wives tale. Syn oils are no more likely to leak than a conventional one. And they are compatible with ALL and ANY other oil

yeah but to do work for CMBC?

oh yeah

epic3
07-19-2009, 05:04 PM
synthetic oils are all I sell and I've never seen synthetic kill a seal but in my own truck I still use regular oil its lasted over 30 years with petrolium in the crankcase and gears so why change it up

trencher
07-19-2009, 05:21 PM
yeah but to do work for CMBC?

oh yeah

No i work for John Deere. And used synthetic oils in my own stuff over the years.

85chevy
07-20-2009, 06:31 PM
Swiched to synthetic noticed the tranny seemed better but both my diff seals leaked but I have no knowledge of if they where ever changed so could just be that they been working for almost 25 years. Watched dyno tests of trucks that have been switched and they say it adds horsepower but unless u do it urself u really won't know

Renegord
07-27-2009, 02:58 PM
I switched to synthetic couple of months ago and noticed a couple days later that my rear diff which had never leaked before,started leaking out of the pinion seal,coinsedance or smaller molecules??? :confused: if your rig is new go for it,if not get ready to change some seals.

bcmaxx
07-27-2009, 04:42 PM
screw it, Lordco wants 15 bucks a liter for castrol gear lube, I choose free from the bulk pump! I'll change it more often