PDA

View Full Version : jeep air hub

five.0L
07-16-2009, 01:22 AM
how do air hubs work? they worked for a couple days then i unlocked then and now they wont lock back in?
is there another way around them?
besides manuel hubs

Tunabomber
07-16-2009, 02:15 AM
can how in the hell do those sucker work my hubs wont lock in and the air line is hooked up help please?
im puttin manul hub wheni can afford it

follow the line to the t case ...where it conects it can be un screwed

when i had the same problem it was that valve at the t case...just replaced it and was good to go

Nutbar
07-16-2009, 02:51 AM
a little more info please and I can be a little more clear on the actual diagnostic drill you will want to run to find out what is wrong.

There is 2 variations of the CAD so what year is the jeep

the problems are the same for both but the parts are slightly different therefore the need to know the year to guide U right

the vacum switch is bad for failing but also the shift fork can wear out or break and cause this and the vacum motor is also known to fail

so let me know and I'll tell ya how to diagnose.

five.0L
07-16-2009, 11:45 AM
well i have the jeep front on my ranger
and the hose is ran to the intake manifold they were workign then they just stopped now
i ran the line the hole way and it all hooked up

Happypants
07-16-2009, 01:10 PM
huh? put it into jeep terms...durrrr, seriously....your initiall question made no fucking sence,

epic3
07-16-2009, 04:18 PM
so you have a jeep front end with a vacuum disconnect and you put this in your ford ranger.

FINGERS
07-16-2009, 04:43 PM
they work under the same principals as air hockey cept it is in mud not on a table

Happypants
07-16-2009, 04:55 PM
what i think he is saying is that hes got the vaccume disconect jeep axle, first off if you do then you wasted a fuck load of money putting it in, shoulda got one from a 91 or newer, OR you can spend the money to replace the 2 peice shaft with a 1 peice, get the inner seal for the pass side, pull the auctuator cover, out with the fork and 2 seals and seal the cover up, if its fucking up chances are that the air lines have cracks in them, manual hub conversion kits are a fuck load of money if you buy them from dynatrac or warn for instance, but there are other ways to do it, which im about to do asap, dedenbear makes d30 knuckles that accept a chevy small bearing spindal (6 bolt spindal) then you can run, chevy calipers, and 5 on 5.5" bolt pattern on the front and have locking hubs, but then you gotta swap the rear from 4 on 4.5 to 5 on 5.5, i got a ford 8.8in the rear and im ordering moser shafts that are explorer length but f150 bolt pattern (5 on 5.5) along with rear disks.

JACKNIFE
07-16-2009, 10:15 PM
they make a cable that bolts on to where the vaccume diaphram is on the axle.

never used it but i've had a couple people say it works great. you route the cable into the cab then you still dont have to get out

Justin_B
07-17-2009, 12:14 PM
what i think he is saying is that hes got the vaccume disconect jeep axle, first off if you do then you wasted a fuck load of money putting it in, shoulda got one from a 91 or newer, OR you can spend the money to replace the 2 peice shaft with a 1 peice, get the inner seal for the pass side, pull the auctuator cover, out with the fork and 2 seals and seal the cover up, if its fucking up chances are that the air lines have cracks in them, manual hub conversion kits are a fuck load of money if you buy them from dynatrac or warn for instance, but there are other ways to do it, which im about to do asap, dedenbear makes d30 knuckles that accept a chevy small bearing spindal (6 bolt spindal) then you can run, chevy calipers, and 5 on 5.5" bolt pattern on the front and have locking hubs, but then you gotta swap the rear from 4 on 4.5 to 5 on 5.5, i got a ford 8.8in the rear and im ordering moser shafts that are explorer length but f150 bolt pattern (5 on 5.5) along with rear disks.

nick whats this knuckle you talk about? with the chevy bolt pattern?

B
07-17-2009, 12:29 PM
http://www.reidracing.biz/DANA30.php

theres the link justin i am a dealer for those as well if you decide to go that route bro

Happypants
07-17-2009, 04:16 PM
yup thems the ones, im just waiting for money before i go order them from B

theborges
07-17-2009, 09:13 PM
thought you were going d60 front and 14 bolt rear nick

Happypants
07-17-2009, 09:36 PM
i am, in stages, once i get my other jeep, its getting my d30 and 8.8 once i blow up the d30, and 33`s then im putting in my d60 and 14bolt in my silver jeep, but i wanna upgrade the d30 still

Justin_B
07-18-2009, 09:36 AM
http://www.reidracing.biz/DANA30.php

theres the link justin i am a dealer for those as well if you decide to go that route bro

sweet thanks. They look pretty sweet. prob just save up some more money and swap in a whole 44[cheers]